Top 60 Death Quotes


I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

Death is not the opposite of life, but a part of it.

Haruki Murakami

One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly.

Friedrich Nietzsche

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.

Thomas Campbell

The hour of departure has arrived and we go our ways; I to die, and you to live. Which is better? Only God knows.

Socrates

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no to-morrow. To forget time, to forget life, to be at peace.

Oscar Wilde

If a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live.

Martin Luther King


The best place a person can die, is where they die for others.

James M. Barrie

The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and the other begins?

Edgar Allan Poe


Each day is a little life; every waking and rising a little birth; every fresh morning a little youth; every going to rest and sleep a little death.

Arthur Schopenhauer


When the body sinks into death, the essence of man is revealed. Man is a knot, a web, a mesh into which relationships are tied. Only those relationships matter. The body is an old crock that nobody will miss. I have never known a man to think of himself when dying. Never.

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry


The life of every man is a diary in which he means to write one story, and writes another; and his humblest hour is when he compares the volume as it is with what he vowed to make it.

James M. Barrie

Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.

Ernest Hemingway

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.

Napoleon Bonaparte

I’m here. I love you. I don’t care if you need to stay up crying all night long, I will stay with you. There’s nothing you can ever do to lose my love. I will protect you until you die, and after your death I will still protect you. I am stronger than Depression and I am braver than Loneliness and nothing will ever exhaust me.

Elizabeth Gilbert

If you live to be one hundred, you've got it made. Very few people die past that age.

George Burns

You needn't die happy when your time comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from the beginning to the end.

Stephen King


Come he slow or come he fast. It is but death who comes at last.

Walter Scott


I know a man who gave up smoking, drinking, sex, and rich food. He was healthy right up to the day he killed himself.

Johnny Carson

I will be conquered; I will not capitulate.

Samuel Johnson


It is the secret of the world that all things subsist and do not die, but retire a little from sight and afterwards return again.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Death be not proud, though some have called thee Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so. For, those, whom thou think'st thou dost overthrow. Die not, poor death, nor yet canst thou kill me.

John Donne

Death is not extinguishing the light; it is only putting out the lamp because the dawn has come.

Rabindranath Tagore

A fact of life we all die. But the positive impact you have on others will be a living legacy.

Catherine Pulsifer

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.

Benjamin Franklin

Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not. Why should I fear that which cannot exist when I do?

Epicurus

Although all of us face death, not all of us have an expectant hope for the future beyond this life. I believe that is because we just can't seem to imagine it.

John Burke


Life isn't fair. It's just fairer than death, that's all.

William Goldman


Since the day of my birth, my death began its walk. It is walking toward me, without hurrying.

Jean Cocteau

Land and sea, weakness and decline are great separators, but death is the great divorcer for ever.

John Keats


I have come to know that it [death] is an important thing to keep in mind — not to complain or to make melancholy, but simply because only with the honest knowledge that one day I will die I can ever truly begin to live.

R.A. Salvatore


Generosity during life is a very different thing from generosity in the hour of death; one proceeds from genuine liberality and benevolence, the other from pride or fear.

Horace Mann

Death is simply a shedding of the physical body like the butterfly shedding its cocoon. It is a transition to a higher state of consciousness where you continue to perceive, to understand, to laugh, and to be able to grow.

Elisabeth Kubler-Ross


In the attempt to defeat death man has been inevitably obliged to defeat life, for the two are inextricably related. Life moves on to death, and to deny one is to deny the other.

Henry Miller

Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it, a jealous, possessive love that grabs at what it can. But life leaps over oblivion lightly, losing only a thing or two of no importance, and gloom is just a passing shadow of a cloud.

Yann Martel


I want to be all used up when I die.

George Bernard Shaw

Six hundred and forty fish later, the only thing I know is everything you love will die. The first time you meet someone special, you can count on them one day being dead and in the ground.

Chuck Palahniuk


Some people are so afraid to die that they never begin to live.

Henry van Dyke


Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.

Norman Cousins

To the living we owe respect, but to the dead we owe only the truth.

Voltaire


Nirvana is not the blowing out of the candle. It is the extinguishing of the flame because day is come.

Rabindranath Tagore

Why is it that we rejoice at birth and grieve at a funeral? It is because we are not the person involved.

Mark Twain

Birth, life, and death― each took place on the hidden side of a leaf.

Toni Morrison

To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead.

Bertrand Russell

If life must not be taken too seriously, then so neither must death.

Samuel Butler

I do not believe that any man fears to be dead, but only the stroke of death.

Francis Bacon


Our life is made by the death of others.

Leonardo da Vinci


Death can come at any age, but the pride of life fools a person into thinking that day is far away.

John Buttrick

For he who lives more lives than one: More deaths than one must die.

Oscar Wilde

Despise not death, but welcome it, for nature wills it like all else.

Marcus Aurelius


After your death you will be what you were before your birth.

Arthur Schopenhauer


Life is the desert, life the solitude, death joins us to the great majority.

Edward Young


Most people would rather die than think: many do.

Bertrand Russell


I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.

Mark Twain


It matters not how a man dies, but how he lives. The act of dying is not of importance, it lasts so short a time.

Samuel Johnson

The meaning of life is that it stops.

Franz Kafka


Death is a release from the impressions of the senses, and from desires that make us their puppets, and from the vagaries of the mind, and from the hard service of the flesh.

Marcus Aurelius


When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Will Rogers


Death is a delightful hiding place for weary men.

Herodotus


Everybody going to be dead one day, just give them time.

Neil Gaiman

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder