Top 35 Oscar Wilde Quotes


Men always want to be a woman's first love - women like to be a man's last romance.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

Children begin by loving their parents. After a time they judge them. Rarely, if ever, do they forgive them.

Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities.

If you are not too long, I will wait here for you all my life.

If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing well. If it is worth having, it is worth waiting for. If it is worth attaining, it is worth fighting for. If it is worth experiencing, it is worth putting aside time for.

A true gentleman is one who is never unintentionally rude.

Always forgive your enemies -- nothing annoys them so much.


When I was young I used to think that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old, I know it is.

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

Anybody can make history. Only a great man can write it.

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.

In old days men had the rack. Now they have the Press.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.

Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

I'm sure I don't know half the people who come to my house. Indeed, from all I hear, I shouldn't like to.

I can resist everything except temptation.


I sometimes think that God in creating man somewhat overestimated his ability.

The man who says he has exhausted life generally means that life has exhausted him.

Memory... is the diary that we all carry about with us.

Seriousness is the only refuge of the shallow.

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Success is a science; if you have the conditions, you get the result.

It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about nowadays saying things against one, behind one's back, that are absolutely and entirely true.

True friends stab you in the front.

Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people.

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.


Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught.

There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating: people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing.

Every portrait that is painted with feeling is a portrait of the artist, not of the sitter.

My experience is that as soon as people are old enough to know better, they don't know anything at all.

The suspense is terrible, I hope it will last.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder