Top 40 Food Quotes


Part of the secret to success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.

Mark Twain

There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will.

Robert Frost

When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.

Helder Camara

If you really want to make a friend, go to someone’s house and eat with him… the people who give you their food give you their heart.

Cesar Chavez

Food for the body is not enough. There must be food for the soul.

Dorothy Day

We must have a pie. Stress cannot exist in the presence of a pie.

David Mamet

All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast.

John Gunther

There is no sincerer love than the love of food.

George Bernard Shaw

I hate people who are not serious about meals. It is so shallow of them.

Oscar Wilde

Cooking is like love, it should be entered into with complete abandon or not at all.

Harriet Von Horne


Your diet is a bank account. Good food choices are good investments.

Bethenny Frankel


Maybe a person's time would be as well spent raising food as raising money to buy food.

Frank A. Clark

What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.

A.A. Milne

Probably one of the most private things in the world is an egg before it is broken.

M.F.K. Fisher


People who love to eat are always the best people.

Julia Child

The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found.

Calvin Trillin


After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one's own relations.

Oscar Wilde


One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating.

Luciano Pavarotti

If music be the food of love, play on.

William Shakespeare

Humor keeps us alive. Humor and food. Don't forget food. You can go a week without laughing.

Joss Whedon


We should look for someone to eat and drink with before looking for something to eat and drink.

Epicurus

I'm just someone who likes cooking and for whom sharing food is a form of expression.

Maya Angelou

Cooking is all about people. Food is maybe the only universal thing that really has the power to bring everyone together. No matter what culture, everywhere around the world, people get together to eat.

Guy Fieri

There are only three things women need in life: food, water, and compliments.

Chris Rock


Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.

Hippocrates

A recipe has no soul, you as the cook must bring soul to the recipe.

Thomas Keller


What is food to one man may be fierce poison to others.

Lucretius

Money brings you food, but not appetite; medicine, but not health; acquaintances, but not friends.

Henrik Ibsen


Fast food is popular because it's convenient, it's cheap, and it tastes good. But the real cost of eating fast food never appears on the menu.

Eric Schlosser


You don’t have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces, just good food from fresh ingredients.

Julia Child


My doctor told me I had to stop throwing intimate dinners for four unless there are three other people.

Orson Welles

We may live without friends; we may live without boks.But civilized men cannot live without cooks.

Robert Bulwer-Lytton


One cannot thing well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.

Virgina Woolf

Salt is born of the purest parents: the sun and the sea.

Pythagoras


Desserts are like mistresses. They are bad for you. So if you are having one, you might as well have two.

Alain Ducasse


It's easy to impress me. I don't need a fancy party to be happy. Just good friends, good food, and good laughs. I'm happy. I'm satisfied. I'm content.

Maria Sharapova

A human being is primarily a bag for putting food into.

George Orwell


Our lives are not in the lap of the gods, but in the lap of our cooks.

Lin Yutang


When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.

Desiderius Erasmus


If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.

J.R.R. Tolkien


Food is a huge passion of mine, and because I want to eat whatever I want, I run every morning, and then I do weights a few times a week. It's just how I can balance eating pancakes in the morning, a big burger for lunch, and then a fat steak and cheesecake at night.

Matt Barr

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder